- April 14th, 2017 - Submissions Due
- April 21st, 2017 - Notification
System demo chairs
- Submission deadline: 14th April, 2017
- Notification: 21st April, 2017 (conference early registration is 30th April)
Call for Submissions
The System Demonstrations and Exhibits program at ICAPS 2017 provides an opportunity for planning and scheduling researchers and practitioners to demonstrate their state-of-the-art implementations in action. This event allows the community to experience some of the latest contributions to the field, while broadening the reach of novel methods.
Researchers from all sub-areas of AI planning and scheduling are encouraged to submit proposals to demonstrate their systems. Submissions will be evaluated on the basis of their novelty; scientific or industrial contributions' relevance to the conference theme and to users; and presentation. We encourage submissions demonstrating new and innovative techniques for planning and scheduling, as well as submissions from mature, commercial and/or deployed systems, and systems in development. There will be an award for Best System Demonstration.
Potential exhibitors should submit their applications via email to the conference chairs as listed above. The submission should be a zip or compressed tar archive containing the following:
- An extended abstract of no more than 2 pages in the AAAI format. This should include the title of the proposed demonstration, the list of authors and their affiliations, and an abstract of up to 250 words. It should describe the technical content of the demonstration, with the appropriate credits and references.
- A storyboard describing the proposed demonstration, submitted as a presentation of up to 10 slides in PowerPoint or PDF format, or as a URL link to a video no more that 2 minutes long, in any commonly-used format other than Flash or WMV (i.e., dont make us download a plugin to play it). The storyboard will be the primary basis for evaluating the suitability and merit of the proposed demonstration.
- A description of any non-standard hardware or software requirements, or other requested logistical arrangements. We plan to provide for each demonstration a table, chairs, poster board, power strip, and a large display, but will try to accommodate special requests.
- The extended abstracts for accepted demonstrations will be available to conference participants and will be archived on the conference web site.