- February 28th, 2017 - Submissions Due
- March 20th, 2017 - Notification
- June 18, 2017 - Doctoral Consortium
The Organizing Committee of the International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS 2017) invites Ph.D. students to apply for the Doctoral Consortium. The aim of the Doctoral Consortium is to provide a forum for students to discuss their Ph.D. work-in-progress with other students and senior researchers working in similar areas, receive advice and mentoring by senior members of the field regarding careers and research skills, and generally to accelerate the cohesion of new researchers with the ICAPS community and nurture the future of the field.
The Doctoral Consortium will be a workshop on June 18th, one day prior to the main conference. The DC participants will also present posters during the main ICAPS conference, in a session open to all ICAPS participants.
Students accepted in the Doctoral Consortium are granted free conference registration and are eligible for partial financial support and to apply for a special reduced-rate CMU lodging option.
Applicants should submit a single zip, tar, or PDF file that contains:
- A dissertation abstract (not a paper) of at most 4 pages, using AAAI style.
- A CV.
- A short recommendation letter from their Ph.D. supervisor verifying the applicant’s enrollment in a PhD program and summarizing why the DC will especially benefit the applicant.
For any questions or problems, please contact the DC chairs.
- Submission deadline: February 28, 2017
- Notification date: March 20, 2017
- Doctoral Consortium: June 18, 2017
If you need to apply before March 21 for a visa to enter the USA, please contact the DC chairs to arrange for fast-track processing of your application.
Doctoral Consortium Co-Chairs
- Emma Brunskill, Stanford University, US
- Wheeler Ruml, University of New Hampshire, US