- 15 Jan, 2017 - Nominations Due
- 31 Jan, 2017 - Letters of reference Due
|Nominations due||15 January 2017|
|References due||31 January 2017|
This award honors an outstanding Ph.D. dissertation in any area of automated planning and scheduling. It will be given during the ICAPS 2017 conference.
PhD dissertations that were completed and filed in 2015 or 2016 will be considered for the ICAPS 2016 Best Dissertation Award. The recipient will receive a certificate and 500 USD.
The award committee is requesting nominations of candidate PhD dissertations.
The nomination material should include the following:
- a CV of the candidate with a complete list of publications,
- a copy of the dissertation or URL from which the dissertation can be retrieved,
- a nomination letter by the PhD advisor (this letter must specify the completion/filing date of the dissertation)
- two additional recommendation letters or a copy of the request for such letters. If a request is submitted in lieu of the actual recommendation letter, the letter itself must be received by 31 January 2017.
A word of caution: it is possible to postpone asking recommenders for their letters until the very last minute (15 January), leaving them only two weeks to get the letters in to the committee. This seems to us to be a high-risk strategy. We urge nominators to request these letters as soon as possible, since the recommenders may need to familiarize themselves with the contents of the thesis. Nominators are responsible for ensuring that the letters of recommendation are submitted by the final deadline. The committee will not solicit missing letters, nor will it review incomplete nomination packets.
The dissertation should preferably be written in English. However, we accept dissertations not written in English if they are submitted together with the following documents that must be written in English: an extended abstract of the dissertation, a series of papers that cover the key results of the dissertation and a document that describes the mapping from the papers to the chapters of the dissertation. Students who did not win an award last year can be nominated again if they are still eligible this year.
Email all nominations, as a ZIP archive of PDF files, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous winners are listed at www.icaps-conference.org/index.php/Main/Awards
For more information on the ICAPS conference series, see www.icaps-conference.org